New Feature: Search and Replace
By Hugh McGuire |
We’ve added a new feature to PressBooks allow you to search & replace content across your entire book.
It works as follows (see below for screencaps):
- In the left sidebar Menu, select Utilities
- Select Search and Replace
- On the S&R page, enter Search string
- Enter Replace string (leaving blank will just delete the Search string)/
- Click “Preview Replacements” to see what will get replaced*
*NOTE: While you get a complete list of strings to be replaced, you cannot select which ones will get replaced, it’s all or nothing.
- Click “Replace & Save” … to make it happen.
REMINDER: this searches & replaces throughout the whole book, so be careful.
Questions? Comments? Need help? Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.