The heart of every Pressbooks solution is our publishing platform, an intuitive toolset for creating digital books that are accessible, interactive, and well-designed for educational use.
Whether you run an organizational publishing program or are an instructor looking to create engaging content for a single class, Pressbooks offers a complete solution to satisfy your publishing needs.
For more than a decade, Pressbooks has been essential publishing infrastructure for the open education movement. Thousands of open-access books published with Pressbooks are freely available and discoverable in Pressbooks Directory.
- Use powerful search tools to discover books published by over a hundred educational institutions
- Filter to find books with interactive content or with open licenses which permit remixing and redistribution
- Quickly clone and adapt openly licensed books for use at your institution or in your class
Using Pressbooks Create, faculty can adapt existing OER for their classrooms, create new material from scratch, and enrich content with accessible math notation, videos, audio, web annotation, and interactive elements like quizzes and other forms of assessment.
- Write new content
- Deliver OER in 10+ file formats
- Add accessible math notation
- Embed multimedia
- Add assessment with H5P
- Clone content from the Directory to adapt for the classroom
- Create a social annotation layer with Hypothesis
- Conform with the highest accessibility standards
- Publish with beautiful book templates
- Single Sign On (SSO) available to hosted networks
Enterprise plans are available for organizations of all kinds.
Pressbooks Results for LMS
With Pressbooks Results for LMS, course material can be easily integrated into a learning management system (LMS). Students can instantly see their aggregate results and instructors can analyze student performance in the same space where they review any other graded course activities.
- Connect to an LMS with secure LTI 1.3
- Pass results of H5P activities to the LMS gradebook
- Make textbooks and the LMS a seamless experience