Pressbooks’ three products—Directory, Create, and Results for LMS—are designed by and for educators. Together, they form the infrastructure for open publishing. Whether you are an instructor for one class or you’re responsible for all knowledge and educational material production at your institution, Pressbooks offers a simple and complete solution.
Since 2011, Pressbooks has been essential infrastructure for the open education movement and has supported the creation of thousands of open educational resources. Now, all public books created with Pressbooks are available and discoverable in the Pressbooks Directory.
- Discover new content
- Find interactive OER
- Search over 3,000 books
- Import books to adapt for your classroom
Using Pressbooks Create, faculty can adapt existing OER for their classrooms, create new material from scratch, and enrich content with accessible math notation, videos, audio, web annotation, and interactive elements like quizzes and other forms of assessment.
- Write new content
- Deliver OER in 10+ file formats
- Add accessible math notation
- Embed multimedia
- Add assessment with H5P
- Clone content from the Directory to adapt for the classroom
- Create a social annotation layer with Hypothesis
- Conform with the highest accessibility standards
- Publish with beautiful book templates
- Single Sign On (SSO) available to hosted networks
Plans available for consortia of institutions or individual institutions. Contact us to find out more.
Pressbooks Results for LMS
With Pressbooks Results for LMS, course material can be easily integrated into a learning management system (LMS). Students can instantly see their aggregate results and instructors can analyze student performance in the same space where they review any other graded course activities.
- Connect to an LMS with secure LTI 1.3
- Pass results of H5P activities to the LMS gradebook
- Make textbooks and the LMS a seamless experience