Pressbooks is simple book production software. Write your own book on Pressbooks, or import an existing manuscript, choose a book design theme, and export into all the file formats you need to publish your books:
- MOBI format (for Kindle ebooks)
- EPUB format (for all other ebookstores)
- designed PDF (the “interior book file” for print-on-demand)
- more exotic XML formats
Pressbooks is used by authors, publishers and educational institutions around the world.
Pressbooks open source
We suggest you use Pressbooks.com, but if you are a developer looking to set up your own instance of Pressbooks, you can find installation information for the open source project at Pressbooks.org.
Who is using Pressbooks?
Pressbooks simplifies book production and dramatically lowers the cost of publishing a book for publishers and authors alike. Here’s who’s using Pressbooks:
- Authors who want an easy way to make a book and get it into print-on-demand and ebook stores
- Small and medium publishers looking for more efficient workflows, and digital-first publishing
- Open Access advocates and Open Textbook projects
- University professors, making materials for their classes.
- Non-profits, producing reports and documents
Where is Pressbooks?
Pressbooks is based in Montreal, Canada.