We’re adding yet another perk to PressbooksEDU networks: a discussion space in our Pressbooks Community specifically for network managers of EDU hosted networks. All current and future PressbooksEDU network managers will be invited to connect, interact, and share ideas with others in similar roles in this forum. Our decision to create this new community space
Are you great at building EPUB CSS? How about Web? PDF? Maybe you can build some templates for PressBooks? If so, we’d like to pay you!
PressBooks is an open source book production platform, built on top of WordPress.
We provide PressBooks users with book design templates, which are comprised of three (3) CSS sheets, one each for:
- epub (+mobi)
- print/pdf (note: you’ll have sample PDF CSS to start from)
Details: the job
We are looking for a supplier (or suppliers) of templates (EPUB/Web/PDF), to match/echo existing PDF book layouts.
Details: what you need to be able to do
Suppliers must be able to:
- install and run PressBooks (basically a WP multisite)
- run on a linux-based system (ideally ubuntu)
- install a couple of required command-line components
- match clear specs exactly
- test ebook outputs
- use github
We will provide:
- clear design specs
- existing CSS templates (EPUB/Web/PDF) as models for required output
Send us an email to: email@example.com, with subject: “Great PressBooks CSS” …