Pressbooks is simple book publishing software. Write your own book on Pressbooks, or import your manuscript, choose a book design theme, and export into all the file formats you need to publish your books:
- ebooks format (for Kindle, iBooks, Nook, Kobo and others)
- designed PDF (ready for print-on-demand and other uses)
- more exotic XML formats
Pressbooks is used by authors and publishers around the world.
Pressbooks Open Source Plugin
We suggest you use Pressbooks.com, but advanced WordPress users can download the open source Pressbooks plugin for WordPress, which you can find on Github/pressbooks.
Who is Using Pressbooks?
Whether you’re an academic publisher, a magazine entering the ebook space, a novelist doing camp nanowrimo, an educator writing a textbook or an independent publisher, Pressbooks will simplify your book production and dramatically lower the cost of publishing a book. Here’s who’s using Pressbooks:
- Small and medium publishers looking for more efficient workflows, and digital first publishing
- Authors who want an easy way to make a book and get it into the ebook stores.
- Open Access advocates and Open Textbook projects
- University professors, making materials for their classes.
- Non-profits, producing reports and documents
Where is Pressbooks?
Pressbooks is based in Montreal, Canada.