We’re looking for a full-time, Montreal-based DevOps specialist, with experience with WordPress and AWS. Salary range is $65,000.00 to $80,000.00. More information found below!
Please send CV and questions to email@example.com with PB DevOps in the Subject Line.
We’re looking for a junior to mid level DevOps engineer / sysadmin with a strong interest/experience in running server infrastructure (LEMP stack running on Amazon Web Services). You should have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience, and be excited about helping a small company grow, ideally with a passion for open source (and books!).
About the job
The main role is running our hosted software for clients, keeping servers up-to-date, and operating smoothly, running deploys of software to multiple servers. Eventually you will be designing, planning and implementing scaling solutions (such as load balancing) in conjunction with the dev team.
- LEMP Stack: (Linux, NGINX, MariaDB, PHP)
- Amazon Web Services: (RDS/Aurora, EC2, EBS, Route53, S3)
- Terraform by HashiCorp
What you’ll be working with:
- Trellis (Ansible playbooks for a WordPress LEMP stack: https://roots.io/trellis/ )
- Comprehensive server monitoring via Amazon CloudWatch and New Relic
- DDOS protection using fail2ban
- GitHub Integrations (Travis CI, Circle Ci, …)
- Slack Integrations
We are a small team, building new models for open book publishing, working largely with universities and other educational institutions across, powering their new publishing programs. We’re a self-sustaining open source / software as a service business, with a growing list of clients across North America, and beyond. We are passionate about open source, open content, open knowledge, and the ways in which the web and books can intersect. Our offices are in Mile End.
We have an internship opening on-site in our office in the beautiful Mile End neighborhood of Montreal, Quebec.
We’re looking for a curious, hard-working person interested in the intersection of the following areas:
This person will be given responsibilities that are likely to include but are not limited to:
- Technical support
- Drafting social media communications
- Copy editing (for communications and technical documentation)
- Writing blog posts and emails
- Doing market research
This is a PAID internship on-site in our Mile End office. Internship may be extended based on performance.
Among the qualifications that will make you right for the internship are:
- Baccalaureate degree, graduate degree, or CEGEP diploma in any of the following fields: publishing, English, design, education, philosophy, computer science, technology (CAN BE IN PROGRESS)
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Strong writing, proofreading and copy editing skills (in English)
- Customer service experience
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly in writing
- Skills in creating and distributing social media communications on Twitter and LinkedIn under direction from marketing staff
The following will be helpful too:
- Experience and aptitude with book design
- Experience with testing software
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for open source, open education
- Based in Montreal
Pressbooks is a small open source software company started in 2012. We make software that makes it easy to publish books online and create clean, well-formatted exports in a variety of formats (ebooks, print-ready PDFs, and more). We work to support the knowledge-sharing and publication goals of over 200 universities, small presses, and libraries around the world, with a particular focus on supporting open textbook and OER initiatives. As an organization, we’re committed to supporting new models of publishing made possible by the web, based on the principles of openness and accessibility.