PressbooksEDU can turn any faculty, department or library into a mini-publisher.
Using PressbooksEDU, educators can create books that are accessible on all platforms: in print, and on all smartphones, tablets, Kindles and computers. In addition to supporting open textbooks and open educational resources projects, Pressbooks is already working in academia, by powering the publication of scholarly monographs, course texts, dissertations and other documents. Pressbooks clients include The University of Minnesota Press, Tufts University School of Medicine, Michigan Publishing at the University of Michigan Library, Harvard Business Review Press and Fortress Press.
Here are some educational institutions that are using Pressbooks to provide alternative publishing solutions:
- BC Campus, which uses Pressbooks as a platform for faculty to produce Open Textbooks
- Fortress Press, which produces more than 100 scholarly monographs every year on Pressbooks, producing print and ebooks.
- Michigan Publishing (at the University of Michigan), which uses Pressbooks for a number of applications, including scholarly monographs and gray publishing.
- Tufts University School of Medicine, which uses Pressbooks to produce faculty-developed course textbooks.
- University of Minnesota Press, which uses Pressbooks to produce their Forerunners series of digital humanities scholarship.