Build an OER platform on a widely adopted open textbook creation software, and have it hosted and maintained by a team you trust. Showcase your institution’s open resources with your own textbook repository.
While Pressbooks gives authors complete control over how they want to license their content, it is designed with the needs of Open Educational Resources (OER) creators in mind. Pressbooks makes it easy to engage in the 5R activities of OER by empowering institutions, instructors and students to retain, reuse, revise, remix, and redistribute openly licensed textbooks and educational materials.
PressbooksEDU networks offer a variety of advanced educational features and plugins, including:
- Cloning, which lets you instantly copy any public open textbook built on Pressbooks to revise and remix it on your own network
- H5P for interactive educational media content including quizzes
- Single Sign-On (SSO) with Shibboleth (SAML 2.0) or CAS
(v. 1, 2, or 3)
- A Learning Tool Interoperability (LTI) plugin and Thin Common Cartridge exports which make it easier to integrate Pressbooks webbooks into your school’s learning management system (LMS), like Canvas or Moodle*
- And other features, plugins, and integrations!