A lot of work goes into making great software for great people. We’re currently looking for an ambitious student or recent graduate in the Montreal area who would like to be a part of that work.
If you’re interested in the crossroads of education, technology, and publishing, we’d like to hear from you. For more information about the position, read on. If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pressbooks is a small open source software company started in 2012. We make software that makes it easy to publish books online and create clean, well-formatted exports in a variety of formats (ebooks, print-ready PDFs, and more). We work to support the knowledge-sharing and publication goals of over 200 universities, small presses, and libraries around the world, with a particular focus on supporting open textbook and OER initiatives. As an organization, we’re committed to supporting new models of publishing made possible by the web, based on the principles of openness and accessibility.
We have an internship opening on-site in our office in the beautiful Mile End neighborhood of Montreal, Quebec.
We’re looking for a curious, hard-working person interested in the intersection of the following areas:
This person will be given responsibilities that are likely to include but are not limited to:
- Technical support
- Drafting social media communications
- Copy editing (for communications and technical documentation)
- Writing blog posts and emails
- Doing market research
This is a PAID internship on-site in our Mile End office. Internship may be extended based on performance.
Among the qualifications that will make you right for the internship are:
- Baccalaureate degree, graduate degree, or CEGEP diploma in any of the following fields: publishing, English, design, education, philosophy, computer science, technology (CAN BE IN PROGRESS)
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Strong writing, proofreading and copy editing skills (in English)
- Customer service experience
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly in writing
Skills in creating and distributing social media communications on Twitter and LinkedIn under direction from marketing staff
- Desired Qualifications
- The following will be helpful too:
- Experience and aptitude with book design
- Experience with testing software
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for open source, open education
- Based in Montreal
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Internship Application.” You’ll hear back from us about next steps. The deadline is June 5, 2019.
We look forward to meeting you!