From group trainings to video tutorials and editing tips, this month, we’re making it even easier for you to publish your book.
- Deal! 25% off PDF+Ebook Pro upgrades
- Tutorial video: import Word files
- Introducing Liz! New marketing manager
- Interview: How to find your editor
- Group Pressbooks training available
- Upgrade now! Prices going up for Ebook Pro
1. Deal! 25% off PDF+EBOOK Pro upgrade
We’re offering a back-to-school deal on upgrade packages, using the upgrade code: SEPTPDF, get 25% off your PDF+EBOOK Pro package.
- Send an email to email@example.com
- include the link (web address) to the book you would like to upgrade;
- add the discount code (SEPTPDF) in the subject line.
2. Video: Import manuscripts from Word
Wondering how to get files from Word into Pressbooks? Watch the first of our short video tutorial series here.
3. Pressbooks welcomes marketing manager, Liz Mays
Liz Mays has been working with Pressbooks for some time now, in fact you’re reading this newsletter mostly because of her! In addition to wordsmithing newsletters, Liz has been Facebooking and Twittering, prepping a Guide to Self-Publishing, making tutorial videos, reaching out to organizations and much much more. So, belatedly we’d like to extend a big welcome to Liz to the Pressbooks team. And, if you’ve got ideas for cross-promotional partnerships or other opportunities to help us get the word out about Pressbooks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Gary Smailes on how to hire an editor
Bubblecow provides “publisher-standard” editing and proofreading to self-published writers. Since 2007, they have successfully edited more than 1,000 books from all genres. Owner Gary Smailes makes hiring an editor simple.
5. Interested in a Pressbooks webinar?
Pressbooks is beginning to offer webinars to select organizations. If you’re interested in training for your association or group, we’re glad to oblige. Email email@example.com.
6. Upgrade Now…Ebook Pro Prices Going Up
We’ve left the bad news for last: for a long while we’ve advertised the Ebook Pro upgrade price as $25, but we’ve left the actual price you pay at checkout at $10. Starting Oct. 1, we’ll be charging $25 per title for EBOOK+PRO upgrades, so if you were planning to upgrade soon, you can save by doing so now. The PDF package price ($100) will remain the same.
As always, feel free to contact us anytime with feedback or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All the Best,