Our book outputs follow the content order of the Chicago Manual of Style, which specifies:
- (PDF-only) Half-title page: JUST the title of the book – no author or subtitle
- Title page: Title, subtitle, author, publisher, publisher city
- Copyright page
- (Optional) Dedication
- (Optional) Epigraph
- Table of contents
- (Optional) Front-matter: pages including: Introduction, Preface, Foreword etc.
- Main body: chapters of the book.
- (Optional) Back-matter: pages including: Conclusion, Bibliography, Index etc.
Sometimes, however, you want something before the title page, such as a list of previous books by the author, or “praise for” the book or previous books.
So, we’ve added a new Front-matter type: “Before Title Page” … which will insert content before the title page… in PDF and ebook outputs.
- Add new front-matter
- Select “Before Title Page” Front-matter Type
And… you should get the content appearing before the title page. Email us with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
See below for an image: