We’re midway through National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)–how’s the writing going? Can you can see yourself at the finish line? This month, we offer Pressbooks users some tips, tutorials, a new theme, and, we hope, a dash of inspiration, that will keep you writing in November whether or not you are participating in NaNoWriMo. Oh, and we’ve got discounts on PDF exports as well. Here’s what we’ve got for you this month:
- Deal! 30% off PDF exports
- New Guide chapter: Covers and Utilities
- Tutorials: Export your finished book and more
- Goodison: a new theme for romance, fiction and nonfiction
- Meet popular author and prolific Pressbooks user, Nancy Warren
- Wanted: your feedback on Pressbooks features
- Server upgrade
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
1. Deal! 30% off PDF packages
Almost done with your book? One of the last things you need to do to is export your files in all formats for publication. You can do so for less this week. Through Sunday, using the upgrade code CARPEDIEM, get 30% off your PDF+EBOOK Pro package.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- include the link (Web address) to the book you would like to upgrade;
- add the discount code (CARPEDIEM) in the subject line.
This deal expires on Nov. 23 at midnight EST, so move quickly!
2. Newest Guide chapters: All about covers, plus using Utilities
Pressbooks produces all the book files you need to publish your book. But you’ll still need a cover. In this new guide chapter, we give you the lowdown on ebook and PDF covers. Also, our Utilities chapter will give you an overview of some of the more advanced features we offer.
3. New videos: How to export your finished book and beyond
You’ve finished your book in Pressbooks. And you’re wondering, now what? The latest in our series of tutorial videos will explain what to do next to get your book out of Pressbooks so you can publish it in the bookstores. Also out this month, videos on adding a copyright notice, changing your privacy settings, applying a design and using Pressbooks’ text editor. You can find these videos on the new Pressbooks YouTube channel.
4. New theme: Goodison
Our newest theme, Goodison, boasts classic fonts and styling that are equally well-suited to fiction, romance and nonfiction.
5. How USA Today bestselling author Nancy Warren uses Pressbooks
Nancy Warren is a USA Today bestselling writer with a long list of both traditionally and self-published novels, more than 50 in all. The popular author has completed 18 of her romance and mystery books using Pressbooks. Here, check out Nancy Warren’s secrets to publishing‘s secrets to publishing.
6. Tell us what features YOU would like to see in Pressbooks
We’re always trying to make Pressbooks better, and we can’t do that without your feedback. Take our one-question survey and let us know what features would be most useful to you.
7. Server upgrade on the way
You may have noticed Pressbooks has been a bit sluggish recently. Our apologies. We’re in the process of beefing up our server infrastructure, and hope to have things zippy as you like shortly.
8. Connect with us on LinkedIn
Pressbooks is launching a LinkedIn page. Go here to follow us, stay up to date with product updates and deals, and connect with other Pressbooks users.
As always, we love hearing from our users. Reach out anytime with feedback or questions at email@example.com.
All the Best,