This month, we’re making Pressbooks easier to use, and even more useful as we introduce new tutorials and Guide chapters, and some new themes for thrillers, literary fiction, mysteries and scifi.
- Deal! 30% off PDF+Ebook Pro upgrades
- Tutorial videos: How to add a user and more
- New Guide chapter: Using the visual and text editors
- Interview: Pressbooks user Marshall Terrill makes self-publishing debut
- New! Themes!
1. Deal! 30% off PDF+EBOOK Pro upgrade
We’re offering a spooky deal on upgrade packages this month. Using the upgrade code HOWL, get 30% off your PDF+EBOOK Pro package.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- include the link (Web address) to the book you would like to upgrade;
- add the discount code (HOWL) in the subject line.
- This deal expires on Oct. 20, so move quickly!
2. Video: Adding a user
Need to add someone to your book? Or, wondering what all the buttons in Pressbooks’ visual editor do and how to use them? Watch the latest videos in our series here.
3. Newest Guide chapter: Pressbooks’ visual and text editors explained
If you’ve been wondering how to use the two editing options in Pressbooks, or what all those menu items in each do, our latest Guide chapter will demystify that for you and help you get the best use out of these tools. Or if you prefer, check out our video tutorial on the subject.
4. Bestselling biographer uses Pressbooks to self-publish
Marshall Terrill is the author of the bestselling and definitive biography of Steve McQueen along with other celebrity biographies. Recently, he released his first self-published book, in which he solves the mystery surrounding the death of a famous boxer. Find out how he used Pressbooks to do it.
5. New themes for thrillers, mysteries and literary fiction
This month, we’ve got a host of themes inspired by some classic spymasters and weavers of page-turning tales: John LeCarre, Graham Greene, Jack Higgins and Robert Ludlum. Check out the new and longstanding themes in our gallery of book layouts.
As always, we love hearing from our users. Reach out anytime with feedback or questions at email@example.com.
All the Best,