To boost the performance and security of the Pressbooks.com network, we intend to perform scheduled maintenance on Thursday, Sept. 12 between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. Eastern. What to expect. You can expect a short service interruption (1-2 minute downtime expected) at some point during this time frame, which would cut off any long processes like imports/exports.
Regular members of the Texas Digital Library Consortium can now save 30% on PressbooksEDU Silver and Gold book production networks.
Interested in building and growing your institution’s OER initiative? If your higher education institution is a regular member of the Texas Digital Library consortium, now is a great time to consider obtaining your own PressbooksEDU network.
A PressbooksEDU network can help you get your OER initiative off the ground, and showcase the open textbooks you create, adapt, and adopt. Beyond streamlining the process of formatting books in multiple outputs, Pressbooks EDU plans offer special educational features, enterprise-level support and training, and the potential for integration into other university infrastructure.
Other universities in Texas are already well at work at creating active open education communities on their campus.
“It’s our hope that this membership discount for Texas Digital Libraries will make that impact stronger by growing a collective network of open resources across the entire state of Texas,” said Liz Mays, director of sales and marketing for Pressbooks.
The Texas Digital Library consortium has a mission to build capacity for “preserving, managing, and providing access to unique digital collections of enduring value.”
The enduring value of open textbooks rests in your hands.
PressbooksEDU plans enable you to:
- Showcase and distribute the collection of open textbooks and other resources your institution creates on an OER platform and catalog branded to your university or college
- Create textbooks and course materials that can be made available for free online to students
- Produce open textbooks in many digital formats and in print
- Make engaging course content that incorporates embedded media, interactive content like H5P quizzes, and more
- Clone any openly licensed public webbook from another Pressbooks network directly into your own network to adapt, remix, and redistribute it
- Benefit from reliable network performance and security
For more information, see PressbooksEDU Plans.
If you’re interested in learning more about PressbooksEDU, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.