Take a look at our new textbook theme and try out its coolest feature: interchangeable fonts As some of you may have noticed, we have a tradition here at Pressbooks of naming our book themes after famous authors. We’ve tried to imprint the legacy that these authors and their books have left on literature onto
Academic libraries in MN, ND and SD are eligible for 30% off the annual price for PressbooksEDU Silver and Gold plans.
If you’re an academic library in the Minitex region, you’ll be excited to hear that your institution is now eligible for a discount on PressbooksEDU Silver and Gold subscriptions.
At Pressbooks, our goal is to create a thriving community of open education practitioners who have the tools they need to create open resources. To grow this community, we want to make PressbooksEDU platforms accessible to as many academic libraries as possible.
Minitex, an information and resource sharing program of the Minnesota Office of Higher Education and the University of Minnesota Libraries, is a publicly supported network of academic, public, state government, and special libraries working cooperatively to improve library service for their users in Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota.
PressbooksEDU is a book production software that enables the creation and distribution of open educational resources. Having an institutional PressbooksEDU network lets you:
- Showcase and distribute the collection of open textbooks and other resources your institution creates on an OER platform and catalog branded to your university or college
- Create textbooks and course materials that can be made available for free online to students
- Produce open textbooks in many digital formats and in print
- Make engaging course content that incorporates embedded media, interactive content like H5P quizzes, and more
- Clone any openly licensed public webbook from another Pressbooks network directly into your own network to adapt, remix, and redistribute it
- Benefit from reliable network performance and security
We’re glad to be forging this partnership with Minitex to grow the success of the OER community, and hope to aid higher education institutions across Minnesota, South Dakota, and North Dakota in their efforts to reduce college textbook costs for students.