Institutional members of the Open Textbook Network (OTN) are eligible for 30% off the annual price for PressbooksEDU Silver and Gold plans. If your institution is a member of the OTN, you can save on the annual subscription price for a PressbooksEDU Silver or Gold network. Together, Pressbooks and the OTN are working to help
The Pressbooks team recently spent some time planning our roadmap for Q1 2019. We’ve got some exciting projects planned for the next few months. Here are some of the major improvements we’ll be working on:
- Better usage statistics for network managers
- More tools for network managers to control default settings on their network, including the default theme for newly created books
- Improved functionality for the network catalog
Improvements to import/export and cloning routines:
- Rebuilding the ‘export’ page with progress indicators during exports, improved management of export files, and full keyboard accessibility
- Adding support for cloning H5P activities
- Progress indicators for cloning and import processes
Metadata and book info improvements:
- Adding JSON-LD metadata to webbooks. This will provide more context about what comprises each book in a linked, structured format, making public books easier to find by search engines.
- Adding metadata to webbooks to make it easier to cite them with Zotero
- Adding ORCID support for contributors (ORCID is a persistent digital identifier for people often used in scholarly publishing)
- Improving support for books with editors or translators as primary contributors
- Adding a central database table of book metadata to Pressbooks networks to support planned improvements to network-level analytics
These are the big projects we have planned; as always, we’ll continue to refine and improve Pressbooks with smaller updates and bug fixes released throughout the quarter.
If you have any questions about the improvements coming this quarter, or would like to tell us what you want to see on our roadmap this year, please contact our support desk!