We’re adding yet another perk to PressbooksEDU networks: a discussion space in our Pressbooks Community specifically for network managers of EDU hosted networks. All current and future PressbooksEDU network managers will be invited to connect, interact, and share ideas with others in similar roles in this forum. Our decision to create this new community space
In Q3, we added a couple new and exciting features to Pressbooks:
- Image attributions (thanks to Brad and Alex at BCcampus)
- New shortcodes to facilitate adding more complex content
We also released a new Open Source plugin, Pressbooks Shibboleth SSO, which provides bilateral Shibboleth SSO integration for Pressbooks networks. And we converted a few more themes to use Buckram, our theme component library, which gives us added flexibility to add new theme options for all themes.
In Q4 we’re wrapping up a few loose ends from our Q3 goals:
- UX improvements to the webbook Table of Contents
- UX improvements to the Export page
We’re also working on:
- UI and UX improvements to the Theme Options page
- Adding support for DOIs in Book Info and metadata outputs
- Testing integration with Gutenberg, WordPress’s new editing interface
- Continuing to convert themes and improve Buckram
As always, we’d love to hear your ideas for Pressbooks, so feel free to share them in the Pressbooks Community Forum!