It’s time for us to lift the curtain on some major changes here at Pressbooks! We’ve spent a lot of time over the last month doing some much-needed maintenance across the platform, including theme improvements and changes to the user experience for institutions using single-sign on technology. These past weeks also included important work on
We’ve got a short/sweet Pressbooks newsletter this month!
1. THIS WEEK: 30% DISCOUNT OFF PDF EXPORTS
Is our PDF export too dear? Well, now’s the time to save some money: Upgrade your book now and get watermark-free exports of your book in all formats (ebook, PDF and others) for only $69 (30% off). Once you upgrade a book, you can export it anytime, as many times as you want. Special is good through midnight May 18, 2014.
To redeem, email email@example.com and include:
– the link to your book
– the code 30%OFFPDF
– and then upgrade AFTER you’ve heard back from us & we’ve applied the discount
2. New themes!
Hot off the presses: several themes perfect for sci-fi, literary fiction and more.
- Murakami: Named for Japanese author Haruki Murakami, this theme will suit literary fiction, sci-fi and some nonfiction.
- Asimov & Asimov Color: Named for Isaac, here are another couple of themes, with sci-fi as the inspiration, but suitable for all kinds of fiction and nonfiction.
We’ve got a 42 free themes now: Check out all available Pressbooks Themes.
3. How to: Make a custom title page
Pressbooks includes an automatically generated title page. But you might want something else. Our (slowly growing) Guide includes a chapter on automatically generated pages, as well as a description of how to make a custom title page.
4. NaNoWriMo Campers: It’s time to publish!
For those of you who’ve holed up in your cabin diligently writing all April, Camp NaNoWriMo has come to a close and it’s time to take your manuscript through the next stages. Let us know if you need any help finalizing your files or understanding the next steps to publishing in the ebook and print-on-demand stores.
And if you missed April’s event, never fear–you can plan now to bang out your target word count at the next camp, which is scheduled for July.
5. Do you like Pressbooks?
Like Pressbooks? If so, we’d appreciate your taking a moment to like us on Facebook. More likes makes it easier to spread the word about Pressbooks. Thanks for your support!
All the best,