We’re adding yet another perk to PressbooksEDU networks: a discussion space in our Pressbooks Community specifically for network managers of EDU hosted networks. All current and future PressbooksEDU network managers will be invited to connect, interact, and share ideas with others in similar roles in this forum. Our decision to create this new community space
Three Design Principles underpinning PressBooks
- PressBooks should be easy for anyone to use (even me).
- Input text once / output in every format: EPUB, MOBI, WEB AND PRINT.
- The web will win in the end (and future-proofing your workflow now is a good idea).
Three Objectives for PressBooks (or, what shall we do with our Design Principles?)
- (Short-term) Allow anyone to make a beautiful book.
- (Medium term) Make PressBooks the best book publishing tool in the world.
- (Long term) Bring the stuff of books onto web, into the network.
And … the slides: