It’s time for us to lift the curtain on some major changes here at Pressbooks! We’ve spent a lot of time over the last month doing some much-needed maintenance across the platform, including theme improvements and changes to the user experience for institutions using single-sign on technology. These past weeks also included important work on
Three Design Principles underpinning PressBooks
- PressBooks should be easy for anyone to use (even me).
- Input text once / output in every format: EPUB, MOBI, WEB AND PRINT.
- The web will win in the end (and future-proofing your workflow now is a good idea).
Three Objectives for PressBooks (or, what shall we do with our Design Principles?)
- (Short-term) Allow anyone to make a beautiful book.
- (Medium term) Make PressBooks the best book publishing tool in the world.
- (Long term) Bring the stuff of books onto web, into the network.
And … the slides: